1058 København K
Data Engineer for a new music streaming service needed!
Please follow us on Instagram: https://lnkd.in/eQUmH26
Please follow us on Facebook: https://lnkd.in/eaWEWUK
Please follow us on LinkedIn: https://lnkd.in/e4FRjCp
Please follow us on Twitter - https://lnkd.in/exFnFdW
Data Engineer for a new music streaming service
Help us shape the music streaming service of the future!
We are a forward-thinking music streaming company, driven to revolutionize the music streaming scene by putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Data Management team at our headquarters in central Copenhagen. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies around data processing and data warehouse.
Understanding the data generated by our apps and users is essential to help us improve our services and the user experience. All parts of our organization depend on reliable and timely insight into data and we need your help to keep delivering and supporting the organization.
In the Data Management team, you will be working on maintaining and improving data pipelines, storage, transformation, and enrichment of data. You will keep a focus on security and GDPR rules. Help design, setup, and run an AWS hosted data lake using technologies such as Kafka and Apache Druid. In collaboration with other teams in engineering and marketing, you will work on a common taxonomy and work towards a common understanding of the data.
- Implement, configure, monitor, and improve a strong foundation for collecting, processing, and surfacing our data
- Define data platform architecture
- Build data pipelines to transform, enrich, compress data
- Integrate with 3rd party systems
- Write, maintain, optimize, refactor, and own robust code
- Thoroughly test and document code and fix issues
- Understand the data needs from all parts of the organization
- Work towards a common taxonomy for events from different platforms
- Collaborate on maintaining, and optimizing the underlying infrastructure for the data pipelines and warehouse
- Actively contribute to the decision making in the Data Management team
Desired abilities and skills
- Amazon AWS platform: experience with integrating applications and platforms with AWS (e.g., Kinesis, Glue, EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience with running/maintaining Apache Kafka
- Experience with Apache Druid / Imply
- Experience with Docker
- Strong hands-on skills and excellent team player
- Fluent in English
- Experience with running/deploying data processing flows in a distributed manner using PySpark on AWS EMR
- Infrastructure as Code: experience with provisioning Cloud services using CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS CDK, or similar
- A position with room for growth
- A diverse team of talented people with an interest in music
- Work with cutting- edge technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Great office space in central Copenhagen with a view over the canals
- Laptop of your choice
- Great lunch scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free coffee and fruit
The Moodagent team is a close-knit bunch of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists, and machine learning experts from many corners of the world. Within the Data Management team, you will be working in close cooperation with fellow developers. At times, our tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We juggle with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web - all as part of, and an ever-flowing stream of delightfully intricate challenges to make these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone, occasional fun on Fridays, and a shared passion for music.
Moodagent HQ, Havnegade 27, 1058 København
The recruitment process:
The recruitment process is easy!
Click the START button to the right, upload your CV and answer the detailed questions so we get to know more about you and your competencies. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes to apply for a job so this means that you do NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application. If you choose to upload a cover letter to support your application, please be brief and tell us WHY you are the best candidate for the position based on your experience.
So, if you're looking for a company that offers awesome tech, interdisciplinary work, world-class challenges and celebrates creative freedom to solve these, we can't wait to meet you! Apply now.