1058 København K
DevOps Engineer within Data Management
DevOps Engineer within Data Management
Why you want to work with us:
We are building a personalized music streaming service and are launching globally. We need you and your expertise to join us in improving and expanding the Moodagent services, enabling us to bring better music to even more people. Check out https://moodagent.com/
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Data Management team at our headquarters in central Copenhagen. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies around data processing and data warehouse.
Understanding the data generated by our apps and users is essential to help us improve our services and the user experience. All parts of our organization depend on reliable and timely insight into data and we need your help to keep delivering and supporting the organization.
In the Data Management team, you will be working on maintaining and improving data pipelines, storage, transformation, and enrichment of data. You will keep a focus on security and GDPR rules. Help design, setup, and run an AWS hosted data lake using technologies such as Kafka and Apache Druid. In collaboration with other teams in engineering and marketing, you will work on a common taxonomy and work towards a common understanding of the data.
- Implement, configure, monitor, and improve a strong foundation for collecting, processing, and surfacing our data
- Define data platform architecture
- Build data pipelines to transform, enrich, compress data
- Integrate with 3rd party systems
- Write, maintain, optimize, refactor, and own robust code
- Thoroughly test and document code and fix issues
- Understand the data needs from all parts of the organization
- Work towards a common taxonomy for events from different platforms
- Collaborate on maintaining, and optimizing the underlying infrastructure for the data pipelines and warehouse
- Actively contribute to the decision making in the Data Management team
- Amazon AWS platform: experience with integrating applications and platforms with AWS (e.g., Kinesis, Glue, EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience with running/maintaining Apache Kafka
- Experience with Apache Druid / Imply
- Experience with Docker
- Strong hands-on skills and excellent team player
- Fluent in English
- Experience with running/deploying data processing flows in a distributed manner using PySpark on AWS EMR
- Infrastructure as Code: experience with provisioning Cloud services using CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS CDK, or similar
Moodagent is a company built by and for music enthusiasts. It is a celebration of music as an important piece of our culture, its impact on our lives and the sense of community it fosters. At Moodagent, we blend our longstanding AI technology with the best of you, creating the most personalized music streaming experience out there. Moodagent is redefining what it means to make, listen and share music one playlist at a time.
Our team is a close-knit bunch of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts who come from all corners of the world. We have people working in big data, microservices, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, scalable infrastructure and app creation.
We have an informal tone and a shared passion for music.
- A position with room for growth
- A diverse team of colleagues from more than 15 different countries
- Friday bars, a summer party & holiday gathering (all covid permitting)
- Social clubs including running, football, FIFA & foosball
- Flexible working hours
- Great office space in central Copenhagen with a view over the canals
- Laptop of your choice
- Endless caffeine to keep you jamming
As soon as possible
Moodagent HQ, Havnegade 27, 1058 København
The recruitment process:
The recruitment process is easy!
Click the START button to the right, upload your CV and answer the detailed questions so we get to know more about you and your competencies. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes to apply for a job so this means that you DO NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please follow us on Instagram: https://lnkd.in/eQUmH26
Please follow us on Facebook: https://lnkd.in/eaWEWUK
Please follow us on LinkedIn: https://lnkd.in/e4FRjCp
Please follow us on Twitter - https://lnkd.in/exFnFdW