Finance Manager for a new music streaming service in Australia
Finance Manager, Moodagent Australia
At Moodagent our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today. We have world leading music recommendation and discovery tech, and we are gearing up to launch in Australia. Come and be a part of the journey!
Moodagent Australia is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to oversee all financial matters in partnership with the General Manager. Our ideal candidate will have an accounting background, experience in finance administration and be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and immersing yourself in a growing organization.
Based in Sydney, this role reports to the General Manager, partnering closely with the global Finance team located in Copenhagen.
- End to end financial planning, management reporting, forecasting.
- Payroll management.
- Supplier set-up, management, and invoicing.
- Manage local financial relationships and reporting requirements.
- Manage the budgeting and assist with the business planning process.
- Ad-hoc analysis including ‘deep dives’ into business areas on a project basis.
- Statutory reporting, year-end financials and audit requirements are met and delivered to regulatory authorities.
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years applicable experience in administrative finance and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field mandatory (CPA/ CFA preferred).
- Highly proficient in budgeting, project costing and management accounting.
- Experience working with common finance and accounting systems and competent in advanced Microsoft excel.
- Ability to adopt a systemized approach and enjoy reviewing and improving processes.
- Experience in operating in a multi-functional business environment including a matrixed group environment.
- You are a great communicator with strong attention to detail.
Our goal is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery more personal, relevant and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit collective of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts, from many corners of the world. At times, individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market.
We juggle our work with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web and an ever-flowing stream of intricate challenges that make these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone and a shared passion for music.
Moodagent Australia, Sydney
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes to apply for a job - and you’ll know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward.
Press "GO" now. It's quick and easy!