1058 København K
Music & Editorial Director for a new music streaming service in Australia
Please follow us on https://www.instagram.com/moodagentmusic
Please follow us on https://www.facebook.com/moodagent
Please follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/moodagent
Music & Editorial Director, Moodagent Australia
At Moodagent our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today. We have world leading music recommendation and discovery tech, and we are gearing up to launch in Australia. Come and be a part of the journey!
Moodagent Australia is seeking a Music & Editorial Director to lead the team responsible for artist and label partnerships, music marketing, and editorial strategy. Our ideal candidate will have extensive music and pop culture knowledge, strong commercial acumen in relation to the music industry and extensive relationships in this space.
You will have experience leading a team, developing tailored and effective music marketing campaigns and editorial concepts that achieve partner and audience objectives. We are looking for a creative and personable person who lives and breathes music. You must enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and immersing yourself in the music industry.
Based in Sydney, this role reports to the General Manager partnering closely with Marketing and the global content functions.
- Lead and develop a small team of music marketers and editorial experts.
- Develop a creator and content engagement strategy that meets business and user objectives.
- Manage commercial relationships with content partners and industry stakeholders including running regular business reviews and marketing up-fronts with partners.
- Advocate for Moodagent through industry facing promotion and education opportunities.
- Design and execute innovative music marketing campaigns via on/ off platform channels.
- Work with the Marketing and content teams to optimize and localize our music marketing efforts.
- Identify content gaps, localization requirements and content opportunities in partnership with Musicology.
- Act as an internal resource regarding music industry trends, developments, and opportunities.
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years music industry experience and strong commercial knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- You have developed music marketing campaigns that have achieved demonstrable artists and audience results.
- You are a great communicator, comfortable working with music industry economics and turning platform and external insights into compelling and actionable commentary.
- You are ambitious and creative with an eye for music trends and are prepared to develop and own campaigns for established and developing artists.
- You have a strong understanding of licensing and copyright in relation to music.
- Are comfortable working in an international, high-potential startup and wearing many hats.
- You are an excellent communicator and leader with experience in team development and cross functional working.
Our goal is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit collective of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts, from many corners of the world. At times, individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market.
We juggle our work with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web and an ever-flowing stream of intricate challenges that make these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone and a shared passion for music.
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes to apply for a job - and you’ll know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward.
Press "GO" now. It's quick and easy!