1058 København K
Musicologist for a new music streaming service in Australia
Please follow us on https://www.instagram.com/moodagentmusic
Please follow us on https://www.facebook.com/moodagent
Please follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/moodagent
Musicologist for new music streaming service in Australia
At Moodagent our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant and shared experience than we know it today. We have world leading music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re gearing up to launch in Australia. Come and be a part of the journey!
We are looking for a music-obsessed Musicologist to join Moodagent Australia. This position will play a pivotal role in localization and curation efforts as we launch and grow in the Australian market. We are looking for someone with comprehensive music repertoire and catalogue knowledge, a strong understanding of the music ecosystem and a good sense of digital audience behaviors. This position is perfect for an analytical, highly organized individual with a demonstrated ability to derive actionable insights from music, consumption, and platform data and a passion for music and technology.
Based in Sydney, this role reports to the General Manager and will partner closely with the global Music Data Team.
- Partner with the global Music Data Team to communicate relevant music and data insights to optimize the app experience.
- Identify content gaps, data biases and consumptions characteristics.
- Optimize the Australian content experience by applying your music knowledge to data anomalies content filters and curation challenges.
- Utilize analytics and data to inform curation and editorial decisions and provide algorithm recommendations.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret a range of music, platform and consumption data sets.
- Work cross- functionally, offering insights and expertise that may assist with marketing, product, or editorial decisions.
Who You Are:
- Background in music programming, editorial, music journalism or relevant music data experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of music genres, pop culture and cultural trends with a focus on Australian repertoire.
- You have an analytical mindset and keen problem-solving skills.
- You are comfortable making inferences and communicating insights from a variety of quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way.
- Familiarity with machine learning and AI is a bonus.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse range of functions and team members both locally and internationally.
Our goal is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit collective of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts, from many corners of the world. At times, individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market.
We juggle our work with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web and an ever-flowing stream of intricate challenges that make these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone and a shared passion for music.
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes to apply for a job - and you’ll know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward.
Press "GO" now. It's quick and easy!