1120 København K
Design Manager for new music streaming service
We are looking for a Design Manager to lead our diverse design team based in Copenhagen. We're on a roll and need help taking design as a practice to the next level - making designers thrive and flourish, while designing amazing products and experiences. Currently, the team consists of 5 UX/UI designers and UX researchers, but we are growing.
The person we are looking for is passionate about setting the stage on which everyone can shine together. While you are an experienced designer concerned about ’what is good design?’, you are most passionate about the question of ‘what leads to good design?’
Together with a great team, you will establish practices that make it easy, enjoyable, and inspiring to be a designer / user researcher at Moodagent - taking our existing design culture to the next level. Sounds like something you would love? Then you might just be the person we're looking for.
Some of the awesome stuff you'd be working on includes:
- Articulating the overall vision for design as a practice at Moodagent - and inspiring others to strive for it.
- Fostering an inspiring, open, curious, safe and collaborative culture for the design team.
- Supporting team in challenges, removing roadblocks, resolving conflicts, etc.
- Making sure design work can be carried out smoothly from an operational point of view - optimising processes, tools, and communication around design work.
- Fostering a user centred approach to design, ensuring that user research, insights and usability testing are cornerstones of the design process.
- Help establish a healthy collaboration with Product, Marketing and Engineering, that can foster transparency and alignment across departments - leading to consistent user experiences across all user touch points.
- Work closely with VP of Product & Design, to establish clear processes and communication with upper management.
- Work closely with VP and Creative Director, to define the creative vision for the company.
- Be the voice of the Design Team at Moodagent.
- Be willing to make tough decisions to change directions when needed (learning from mistakes and adjusting based on them).
We imagine you have some of the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in Digital Design, Strategy, and/or Design Management.
- Hands-on experience working with and/or structuring design teams.
- A passion for helping fellow designers achieve their full potential.
- An authentic and inspiring designer, that brings out the best in the whole team.
- A flair for managing complex projects, planning, prioritising and aligning on strategy with internal stakeholders.
- Solid experience working with design thinking processes and methods like concept ideation, rapid prototyping, etc. - and never afraid to try out new methods and learn from them.
- Experience working with product managers, marketers, developers, designers, etc.
- Experience working with digital product development with an agile, user centred approach.
- Experience working with product development software (think Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.) and design tools like Sketch, Adobe XD / CC, Marvel, Invision, Figma, or Abstract.
- Great communication and people skills.
- You are fun to hang around with (is that a qualification?)
Moodagent is a company built by and for music enthusiasts. It is a celebration of music as an important piece of our culture, its impact on our lives and the sense of community it fosters. At Moodagent, we blend our longstanding AI technology with the best of you, creating the most personalized music streaming experience out there. Moodagent is redefining what it means to make, listen and share music one playlist at a time.
The Moodagent team of nearly 100 people is a close-knit bunch of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts who come from all corners of the world. We have people working in big data, microservices, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, scalable systems, app and web creation. At times our individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing. If you're looking for a company that offers a steady stream of elegantly intricate challenges to make all this work together, we can't wait to meet you.
What we offer
We’ve been moving fast and gained a tremendous amount of experience along the way. Now’s the time to really establish the design practice at Moodagent and this is a unique opportunity to get in early and actually drive that forward. We foster a creative working environment, are fans of some occasional fun on Fridays, parties and social activities are not strange to us, and of course we have a shared passion for music.
Moodagent HQ, Copenhagen
As soon as possible.
VP of Product & Design
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply answer a few questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes only 5 minutes to apply for a job - and you know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward. Now press on "GO". It's quick and easy!