1120 København K
User Researcher for new music streaming service
We are looking for a User Researcher to join our Design team based in Copenhagen. We are extremely passionate about understanding and improving user experiences across multiple contexts and even countries. We want to expand our current User Experience Research initiatives to include more antropological approaches to gaining user insights.
We are looking for a curious, outgoing user researcher, who is committed to always act as the voice of the user. You should be comfortable driving a broad range of studies using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, in order to gain user insights, that can be used by our colleagues in Design, Musicology, Product, Marketing, etc.
You won’t do this alone. You will be working closely together with our UX Researcher, who is currently focusing on understanding users and conducting usability studies from a product development point of view. The two of you will be joining forces to gain a more holistic understanding of how our users explore, enjoy and share music.
Some of the great stuff you'd be working on includes
- Manage and carry out user insights studies - from early formulation of purpose to final presentation of findings, and formulation of next steps.
- Recruitment of test participants, interviewees, etc.
- Assist in current UX Research tasks, for instance performing usability studies, focus groups, workshops and the likes.
- Analyze and structure the data we get from testing and other insights work, and communicate findings it to the various departments.
- Proactively discover the needs of individual departments (Marketing, UX, Music research,. Product, etc.) bridging knowledge about our users between departments.
- Help manage and drive an overall testing/research strategy in close collaboration with UX and Product Management.
- Discover and inspire us to implement new methodologies in our User Research.
We imagine you have some of the following qualifications:
- A Masters degree in Anthropology, Techno-Anthropology, Musicology, or similar.
- At least a few years' experience with User Research with a holistic approach to user insights (think anthropology more than usability).
- Team player - with experience working closely together with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Experience with a wide range of different antropological methodologies, not being afraid to combine them to suit specific needs.
- No stranger to desktop research, being able to draw on existing research as much as gathering empirical data.
- An objective mindset and a genuine empathy for our users.
- Good communication skills both in documenting and presenting research findings.
- Be willing to conduct insights work in other countries than Denmark.
- Probably at least some kind of interest in music.
Moodagent is a company built by and for music enthusiasts. It is a celebration of music as an important piece of our culture, its impact on our lives and the sense of community it fosters. At Moodagent, we blend our longstanding AI technology with the best of you, creating the most personalized music streaming experience out there. Moodagent is redefining what it means to make, listen and share music one playlist at a time.
Our team is a close-knit bunch of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data scientists and machine learning experts who come from all corners of the world. We have people working in big data, microservices, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, scalable systems and app creation. At times our individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing. If you're looking for a company that offers a steady stream of elegantly intricate challenges to make all this work together, we can't wait to meet you.
What we offer
We're ramping up in order to lift our end-to-end music streaming experience and this is a unique opportunity help shape that initiative. We foster a creative working environment, are fans of some occasional fun on Fridays, parties and social activities are not strange to us, and of course we have a shared passion for music.
Moodagent HQ, Copenhagen
As soon as possible.
VP of Product & Design
+45 2634 5636
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply answer a few questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes only 5 minutes to apply for a job - and you know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward. Now press on "GO". It's quick and easy!