1120 København K
Musicologist / Musikwissenschaftler (Music/Data) for new music streaming service
Help us shape a music streaming service of the future!
We are currently looking for skilled music savvy people to join and form the Music/Data team at Moodagent in Berlin. The team will oversee many cross functions at Moodagent and will be working in close collaboration with the corresponding Music Data team in Copenhagen.
The primary focus of the team is to work in the intersection between data, music, and the listeners’ musical experience. As music catalogues are getting increasingly vaster, users need better tools to find relevant songs. Having good data about the music is an essential component for doing this. Therefore your first and foremost task is to help us generate relevant music data for the German market.
Your tasks include:
- Advice HQ on how to optimize our data so it suits German music consumption needs
- Help HQ become aware of how different aspects of music are expressed in the data.
- Support HQ generate, apply or retrieve the most relevant data.
- Estimate the coverage and quality of data
- Create logics for relevant filters for filtering out content, e.g. German christmas content.
- Identify focus areas: What is most urgent, and what is most relevant? What actions will have the largest effect.
Therefore we are looking for persons with vast music knowledge. But preferably you also have data detective skills, and vast knowledge about many different sources for music data. Also importantly, you possess the ability to analyse them, i.e. you can identify biases in data, estimate coverage, and their usefulness in relation to our products.
- Knowledge about a wide range of different musical genres.
- Analytical mindset - preferably both quantitative and qualitative
- The ability to handle, navigate in and make decisions based on very complex issues.
- Experience working with data / databases.
- Experience with curating music, streaming services or radio is a plus.
- Coding skills are also a plus (or at least you are not scared of Excel or statistics)
Other good traits could be:
- You are creative - preferably with data as well.
- You possess a good team spirit, have a strong work ethic, and an open attitude.
- You have a great passion for music.
Our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant, and shared experience than we know it today.
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes only 10-15 minutes to apply for a job - and you know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward. Now press on "GO". It's quick and easy!