1120 København K
Android developer for the music streaming service of the future
Want to change the face, and feel, of music streaming?
Moodagent makes music truly personal – putting unique recommendations in the hands of the user. Because music should be so much more than just a static library of songs.
Join us and help redefine how people listen to music.
For our team in Copenhagen, we are looking for an Android developer to join our small but dedicated product team. We are busy building a new product on top of our world leading technology, and you’ll be working in close cooperation with our designers, developers and back-end team to deliver a high quality product.
Our drive is to continue to lead the way: Make music discovery relevant through personalization, in every single Moodagent playlist and every Moodagent product.
You’ll be doing awesome stuff such as
- Be part of our Android team building our native App.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers and backend service/API developers.
- Participate in design and requirements planning, providing feedback based on your knowledge of client-side controls, patterns and best practices.
- Work within, and help establish, client-side coding guidelines, to ensure reusability, modularity, security and efficiency.
- Stay up to date with technology, tools, design trends, and industry best practices to help evolve the brand and team skills
We imagine you have some of the following qualifications
- Passion for Android App development and experience of building Android native Apps.
- Strong knowledge and experience Kotlin and native Android development (Android Studio and Java).
- A good understanding of UI design principles and usability.
- Strong foundational understanding of the Android framework. The lifecycle hierarchy, relationships between Activities and Fragments, and Lifecycle Aware Components (Like LiveData) are all ideas you should be fluent in. Libraries like Dagger, Retrofit, Room.
- Significant contributions to multiple feature-rich Android apps.
- Understands REST architecture and has working knowledge of consuming RESTful APIs.
- Working knowledge of Git source control systems and branching methodologies.
- Working knowledge of debugging, performance monitoring, benchmarking, logging and testing tools.
- Experience working in an agile scrum development process and is willing to adopt the team's agile practice.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit bunch of music loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data-scientists and machine-learning experts, from many corners of the world, and you’ll be working in close cooperation with fellow designers, developers and back-end team. At times our individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
What we offer
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market.
We juggle a lot of fun stuff: Music, Big Data, Girls & Boys, Microservices, Cloud Computing, AI & Machine Learning, Massively Scalable Systems, Apps, Web and an ever-flowing stream of delightfully intricate challenges of making these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone, occasional fun on Fridays and a shared passion for music.
Moodagent HQ, Copenhagen
Questions – Reach out to
Front-end Technical Lead
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes only 5-10 minutes to apply for a job - and you know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward. Now press on "GO". It's quick and easy!