1120 København K
Our headquarters in Copenhagen is looking for a hands-on Legal Counsel who will have overall responsibility for further developing our legal department, including GDPR and compliance in Denmark and in foreign subsidiaries.
We are busy launching a music streaming service on top of our world-leading technology, and you’ll be working in close cooperation with our entire company to help us make sure we deliver a high-quality product.
Our drive is to continue to lead the way in making music discovery relevant through personalization - in every single Moodagent playlist and every Moodagent product.
What you’ll do:
As a Legal Counsel you will be the internal sparring partner for management, and various Moodagent departments. You will be responsible for leading the legal department This includes, among other things:
- Negotiate where relevant
- Quality assurance of contractual basis, compliance with company, marketing, consumer and personnel law in Denmark and in foreign subsidiaries
- Ensure Moodagents rights, including trademark registration, patents, and general IPR protection. This applies to both establishments, monitoring and maintenance
- Handling of legal documents, including maintenance of electronic data rooms. The position refers to the company's CVO
Ensure that the company's internal security procedures and controls are continuously developed and complied with, including IT security, personal data, code of conduct, supplier contracts, etc.
This encompasses development and description of business procedures, compliance procedures, annual wheels, tests and reporting to management.
Ensure compliance with GDPR legislation both internally with employees and externally with subscribers to the Moodagent service.
The following specific tasks must be fulfilled:
- Management of employees in legal department
- Review and quality assurance of contractual basis and negotiate where relevant
- Legal establishment of companies abroad, including compliance with foreign corporate law and contact with foreign lawyers
- Data room maintenance, including access control
- Establishing internal procedures and business procedures within GDPR and compliance
- Support marketing with compliance with relevant legislation
- Maintain trademark registration, patents and domains
- Sparring with management
What you look like:
- You have experience with marketing law, compliance and GDPR
- You have a relevant education, e.g. cand jur or lawyer
- Management experience of a small team
- Works independently and at a high-quality level
- Has impact and is persistent
- Distinct team player with attention to detail
- You are fluent (writing and speaking) in English
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in music or technology, is an advantage
Our goal is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit collective of music-loving software developers, design thinkers, marketing, musicologists,data scientists and machine learning experts, from many corners of the world. At times, individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market.
We juggle our work with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web and an ever-flowing stream of intricate challenges that make these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone, occasional fun on Fridays, and a shared passion for music.
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to produce a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes just 5 minutes to apply for a job - and you’ll know, shortly thereafter, if you have the opportunity to go forward.
Press "GO" now. It's quick and easy!