1120 København K
VP of Engineering for the new music streaming service
For our headquarters in Copenhagen, we're hiring a VP of Engineering to drive and manage our teams of Backend & API engineers, Frontend client developers, Machine Learning and Musicology for our expansive service roll out.
We are busy enhancing the Moodagent music service on top of our world leading technology, and you’ll be working in close cooperation with our entire company and help make sure we can deliver a high-quality product. Our drive is to continue to lead the way: Make music discovery relevant through personalization, in every single Moodagent playlist and the Moodagent product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Grow and nurture teams that deliver outstanding results to our customers and partners
- Facilitate delivery of cross team initiatives
- Develop and be a model for engineering culture at Moodagent
- Lead 6 engineering teams (and growing) that make up Moodagent
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies
- Deliver consistently great results and being a role model for other engineers
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Product and a shared vision with Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success and Business Development teams
- Own and deliver your roadmap
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE:
- 8+ years of Engineering Leadership Experience
- You lead high performing engineering teams by motivating your team and leading by example to continuously innovate, improve and think differently
- You have a bias towards action and make decisions after considering competing viewpoints
- You’re curious and architectural thinking
- You have managed, hired and grown engineering teams of 30+ team members
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- You have experience in building full stack streaming systems (preferably in media / music / entertainment)
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- You thrive on autonomy and responsibility
Our drive is to revolutionize the music streaming scene, putting our unique music recommendation AI in the hands of the user - making music discovery a more personal, relevant and shared experience than we know it today.
The Moodagent team is a close-knit bunch of music loving software developers, design thinkers, musicologists, data-scientists and machine-learning experts, from many corners of the world, and you’ll be working in close cooperation with fellow designers, developers and machine learning team. At times our individual tasks get rather interdisciplinary, and we consider that to be a good thing.
We have the world’s best music recommendation and discovery tech, and we’re taking steps for a major entry into the consumer market. We juggle with a lot of fun stuff: music, big data, microservices, cloud computing, AI & machine learning, massively scalable systems, apps, web and an ever-flowing stream of delightfully intricate challenges of making these things come together as a whole.
We have an informal tone, occasional fun on Fridays and a shared passion for music.
Moodagent HQ, Copenhagen
The recruitment process
The recruitment process is easy!
This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply upload you CV, which you can find by clicking on GO. It usually takes only 5 minutes to apply for a job. Now press on "GO". It's quick and easy!